Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sleep Rituals

Are you like many who are always on the go that your brain won't allow you to shut down even when it's time?

For years I have suffered from insomnia. It all started when I was pregnant with my daughter. Naturally the anxiety over becoming a parent followed by the sleepless nights of a newborn. Thank goodness Amanda slept through the night after 6 weeks. Go ahead be jealous! But of course life in general whether it's work or personal reasons we often just let another night pass with little to no sleep. Plus might I add it runs in my fathers side of the family. Dad swears we are vampires!

Anyway, a few months ago I was skulking with my Aussie friend when she shared some remarkable information with me. When our bodies sleep we naturally detoxify. I was like whoa! Wait a minute! Here I am on this constant merry go round trying to balance my body when I have an easy solution!

I decided to try a new routine that seems to be working. As I shared earlier this week I have enrolled with IIN. I have found best to do my studies in the evening. I put the kids to bed at 7pm and I head straight to the couch and unravel my iPad, glass of water and notebook. I do anywhere from 2-4 hours of work. After that I put in my favorite incense nag champa and play Snatam Kaur, Tina Malia or Deva Premal to name a few. Before I know it I am struggling to finish my blog post.

Of course there will be nights nothing works but from where I was months ago I have made a huge accomplishment. I urge you to find what works for you. Sleep is just as important as air and not only do you let your body rest and replenish energy but detoxify as well.

Good night all my Juicy followers!

Peace & Health
J-

No comments:

Post a Comment