Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Confessions Of A Makeup Hoarder



Happy October!!!  Though it is already the 3rd.  If you go into any store, website or even watch TV you will see the Pink Ribbon everywhere.  We are in full Breast Cancer Awareness month.  We all know someone who has bravely battled and it’s quite the heavy topic.  So let’s make this fun!!!

I haven’t shared with you all but I worked for a very fast paced, high fashion makeup company for 8 years.  It became a real passion of mine and I enjoyed it for many, many years.  Since I’ve become more health conscious only on the latter part of my life, makeup has been the hardest area to change.  

I’m sure many of you can relate.  You walk into a beautiful department store and are bombarded left and right with different cosmetics lines, the latest colors, the promise of youth, etc.  We all get mesmerized by the beautiful packaging, the stunning makeup artists and the overall experience of sitting down and getting a one-on-one consultation.

I’ve SLOWLY have been adding products here and there but I hadn’t gotten rid of any.  Keep in mind 8 years of receiving makeup for free plus EVERY collection I just had to have = A LOT of MAKEUP!!!  Plus I have a thing with throwing things out.  You know the term... “waste not, want not”  Yup, that’s me!

Yesterday, I finally yanked the bandaid off and started from scratch.  And yes I did get rid (not throw out) all of my not so healthy makeup. So for this month I want to share with you all my must have beauty finds.  Now before you all ask me how is this relative to health and wellness let me answer you.  Your skin is the largest organ in your body.  It protects you but it still absorbs any products on your skin and therefore travels to your blood stream.  And if it’s not the healthiest it’s probably a good idea to stay away.  

So let’s have fun and I hope this brings a bit of awareness to what you are putting on your body.  Also, a special extra thanks to my sister who gave me a very generous gift card to give the me extra push and finally get rid of my makeup.  Otherwise, I’d probably would keep pushing it off.  

Peace & Health
J-

1 comment:

  1. Jackie, if you need someone to take the makeup off yur hands you know how to find me!!!!

    ReplyDelete