Friday, October 19, 2012

Current Go To Makeup...

I can’t believe we are half way through October!  It feels like yesterday I was declaring October Healthy Beauty Awareness Month!  I’ve shared what I’m using as an exfoliant and moisturizer.  Now it’s time to get to the fun stuff... makeup!!!  So after grieving my loss and parting ways with my previous makeup line I am happy to announce that I am truly in LOVE with Josie Maran Cosmetics.  It’s funny because here I was walking into Sephora confident I had done enough research knowing what I was going to purchase.  After all I worked for this “AMAZING” runway makeup line for 8 years.  WRONG!!!  I got schooled that day.

 

I had heard of and had used Josie here and there but in my mind I was going in for another brand.  Nope!  What I thought was safe is BUT wasn’t the safest.  The extremely knowledgable makeup artist told me Josie is one of the few that is not only paraben free but organic.  She literally said, “If you had to you could eat it.  It’s not toxic at all.”  Bingo!  Sold!  I hadn’t even tried it on yet!

I wound up with Josie’s Argan Tinted Moisturizer.  I really love this one because a little goes a long way but it is buildable to full coverage for when you need that extra little bit.  It has an SPF of 30 (which is higher than most) and the obvious ingredient is Josie’s signature organic Argan Oil.



I also wound up with Josie’s Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation  I LOOOVVVEEE this one so much!!!  The consistency is extremely sheer and lightweight but the coverage is incredible!  What’s even better is that if you run out and forget what foundation shade you are you don’t have to worry!  The Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation has color match technology that goes on white but transforms to your skin tone before your eyes!!!  This too has organic Argan Oil infused within.



Now if you are a makeup junkie like me you know you have to set your foundation.  And if you didn’t know well you should.  Now if you are concerned with using powder because you tend to be on the dryer side you don’t have to worry about having a dried textured skin.  The organic Argan Oil will keep you hydrated and leave a dewy finish.  Josie has an Argan Powder Foundation  You can either use it alone or lightly dust it over your T-Zone (forehead, nose & chin).  What is awesome about this product is that it has an SPF20 so if you pair it with the Serum Foundation you will still have SPF coverage from the powder. The Argan Powder Foundation naturally adjusts to your skin tone.  It is very convenient too because it comes with a sponge and mirror for a quick touchup when you are out. (Try to avoid sponges as often as possible.  Sponges tend to retain moisture and therefore harbor bacteria which can cause acne.)



Of course I needed a little color in my life.  It was time for cheeks.  We went for Josie’s Argan Oil Stick in Pink Peony.  Even though I am a little on the oil side I have always been a fan of a cream blush.  Cream blushes last longer on the skin and leave a healthy dewy finish on the cheeks.  Plus since it is a cream they photograph the best.  What is convenient about this cream blush is that it comes in a stick and you can add some to the apples of your cheeks and use your hand or brush to blend.  The blush has organic Argan Oil, Vitamin E and essential fatty acids.  AND if that wasn’t enough convincing it can be doubled and used as a lip tint too!



I’ve been using Josie Maran Cosmetics for about a month now and have not one complaint.  No breakouts, allergic reactions or wearing issues.  Plus if you purchase Josie Maran Cosmetics in the month of October they will donate 15% of each sale to the City of Hope to help fight Breast Cancer.  It doesn’t get any better than that!

Please remember in the world we are living of unfortunate toxicity we can not afford to wear beauty products that are not safe for our skin.  Thankfully to Josie Maran Cosmetics and many other lines we don’t have to put our bodies in danger nor give up our beauty Go-Tos.  There is nothing better than clean and healthy beauty!

Peace & Health
J-

No comments:

Post a Comment