Friday, October 12, 2012

Manuka Honey Exfoliant & Mask



I want to share what I use as an facial exfoliant.  I had been using raw organic honey with some granulated sugar but I have found something even better!  I have recently fallen in love with Manuka Honey.

Manuka Honey originates from New Zealand.  It is the only honey that has anti-bacterial properties which can be very helpful for acne prone skin.  Manuka Honey also has antioxidants that protects the skin from aging.

Typically I take about 2 tablespoons of Manuka Honey and 1 tablespoon of organic granulated sugar.  I take the two, rub them together and rub in circular motion all over.  You can also skip the sugar and leave the mask for about 10-15 minutes.  Using it as a mask you gain the benefits of it being an anti-bacterial, antioxidant and humectant.  My skin is literally soft and plump.

I have really fallen in love with Manuka Honey.  The only draw back is that I’ve only found it in health food stores or Whole Foods.  A jar lasts a while and most definitely worth the trip to find.

Peace & Health
J-

No comments:

Post a Comment