Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dessert for breakfast?


I posted earlier this morning that I was having dessert for breakfast. Yup, I did... I made a sweet potato smoothie! Now come on did you really this I was going to tell you I had chocolate cake for breakfast? LOL!!!

A few weeks ago I was going through recipes and came across this. I wish I would have saved the site and give them the credit for my inspiration but I quickly read it and moved on. I’ve been meaning to make it but it has become habit to just go straight to my green juice. I try to keep sweet potatoes in my fridge most of the time. They are an awesome snack or quick side dish. Luckily mom reminded me before I got cracking on the green juice and I got started. Here it goes...


Sweet Potato Smoothie aka Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Yields 16 ounces

5 small organic sweet potatoes (steamed and peeled)
2 cups of almond milk
1 teaspoon of apple pie spice
1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice

Blend until smooth.


Voile! There you have it. It was absolutely delicious!!! I’m very satisfied and not too full so I will still be able to have a light lunch along with my green juice this afternoon.

I used already mixed apple and pumpkin pie spices since I had some laying around. If you don’t you can add nutmeg, cinnamon and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Feel free to play around and experiment. This is not a copied recipe. I just looked to see what was in my cabinet and threw it in. I don’t drink soy milk but I imagine it would be just as delicious with soy, rice or coconut milk. I’m just partial to almond milk.

Peace & Health
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment