Friday, March 30, 2012

Kick Your Sweet Tooth To The Curb




I often find myself wanting a snack or feeling “unsatisfied” but not necessarily hungry. And being that today is Friday we typically let them stay up past 7pm (their Sunday - Thursday schedule.) I started grabbing my typical green smoothie stuff and figured I would throw a banana in there to cut my sweet tooth when I decided to switch it up a bit and here is what I threw in...


Berry Berry Good Smoothie
Yields 8 Cups (Whole Blender)

1 Banana
2 Cups of Pineapple
2 Cups of Almond Milk (I know here we go with the almond milk... I told you I’m slightly obsessed)
1/2 Cup of Blueberries
1 Cup of Strawberries
4 Cups of Ice
1 Tbs. of Chia Seeds
1 Tbs. of Flax Seeds
1 Tbs. of Wheat Germ

It was quite a hit! The kids devoured it. Then again how could they not? They both love green juice. I wish the picture could have captured the true color. It was beautiful shade of purple.

Hope you try it and love it.

Peace & Health
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment