Sunday, April 1, 2012

Juice Fast Day 1





Today was the first of next 7 days of my juice/smoothie fast. I started off with my sweet potato smoothie for breakfast (about 12 ounces) which kept me full until about 1pm. Around 1 I started gathering all my ingredients for my green juice. The list is quite long and not your average green juice. Though I have tried and enjoyed different versions, I always fall back to my green juice. I typically don’t add a banana but today I wanted to so the thickness of the banana would keep me fuller longer. You would think that with only juice I would feel tired and dying to put some food in my mouth. Honestly, I felt with a lot of energy and oddly very empowered. I kept say to myself in my head, “I am and will be happy. I chose to start this and I have the power to stop when I’ve had enough.”

I had a busy day with the kids. My daughter’s friend come over for the afternoon to decorate some cookies and Easter eggs. Then I realized my family was getting together to have Sunday dinner. No matter what I refuse to not even sit down and spend some time with my family. At first I was going to sit there with my juice and even though I know I would have been fine I didn’t want to make anyone feel uncomfortable. So I decided to have about a cup of whole wheat pasta with red sauce and a huge bowl of mixed green salad. I didn’t eat the meat but did have a thin slice of semolina bread. Dessert was easy to say no to . I did though have a cup of blackberries followed by more green juice.

Though today was not the perfect juice fast day I am very happy. There is room for improvement and everyday with be more perfect. Oh and the picture above was the amount of juice I consumed today. I have exactly 2 cups left over which I am tempted to drink but I am not hungry and it’s getting late so I might just say a little prayer and throw it out. Till tomorrow...

Peace & Health
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment